You are often told to set a different password for each account, but this is troublesome. A good option is to register and log in to popular websites through social media accounts , your account will be safe and you don’t need to set a unique password for it. If you need the services of a website, but you are skeptical about it, then you can use the “temporary email” service.
Steps: Go to the Users & Groups pane in System Preferences, then to the Login Options section. Choose to show the fast user… Cmd-drag that new menu item as far left as possible. (This makes it the first to be selected by the keyboard shortcut,… Go to the Keyboard pane in System Preferences, then …
· Sleep, log out, and shut down shortcuts. Power button : Press to turn on your Mac or wake it from sleep. Press and hold for 1.5 seconds to put your Mac to sleep.*. Continue holding to force … Option–Command–Power button * or Option–Command–Media Eject : Put your Mac to sleep. Control–Shift–Power …
· Macbook Pro, Mac OS X (10.4.10), Switch user, shortcuts, login window Posted on Aug 3, 2007 8:16 AM Reply I have this question too (23) I have this question too Me too (23) Me too
If you don’t already have one, put a tick in the box next to "Require password after sleep or screen saver begins". Set the time interval to “immediately”. Exit System Preferences. When now when you want to lock your Mac, simply use the keyboard shortcut. Ctrl ⌃ + Shift ⇧ + Eject ⏏ or Ctrl ⌃ + Shift ⇧ + Power.
· A – Launch System Preferences. B – Click on Keyboard, then click the Shortcuts tab. C – Click on App Shortcuts. D – Click the Add ( + ) button at the bottom of the dialog. E – In the dialog that appears, enter a name for the menu command. Here, we’ll type in “Zoom”. F – Type the keyboard command you wish to use.
· Start or restart your Mac and immediately press and hold command-option-P-R on your keyboard. You’ll probably have to use both hands. Release the keys after about 20 seconds. If you have a Mac that plays a startup chime, you can release the keys after you heard it a second time.
· Option (or Alt) ⌥. Control (or Ctrl) ⌃. Caps Lock ⇪. Fn. On keyboards made for Windows PCs, use the Alt key instead of Option, and the Windows logo key instead of Command. Some keys on some Apple keyboards have special symbols and functions, such as for display brightness , keyboard brightness , Mission Control and more.
· Unfortunately, some Windows equivalent shortcuts are not available in Mac. However, you can setup custom keyboard shortcuts in Mac for that. Windows Shortcut. Mac Shortcut. Action. Alt + F4. Cmd + Q. Close open window. Alt + Tab.
· Ctrl + Tab / Ctrl + Shift + Tab. The first key combo will cycle through your tabs to the right, while the second one will do it to the left. This also works if you’re a Google Chrome user, but …
· Click your username in the left panel, and then click the “Login Items” tab—you’ll see a list of the applications that start up when your Mac does. Now open a Finder window and drag the Windows share to which you want to connect at boot into this list.